Every month I give $1,000 to a single mom committed to building a positive life for herself, her family and contributing to the world in a productive way.
The Kickass Single Mom Grant supports endeavors that show promise for success — whether it is a career, business, nonprofit, charitable, creative or family project that is already underway and could use a financial boost.
This might include paying for formal education that will advance your career (or launch a new career!) that makes you happy and proud, propels you to financial independence and makes you a great role model for your children and others whose lives you touch.
You might seek to use this money to build your dream business — one that lights your passion, contributes to the world in a positive way.
Maybe you have a volunteer or nonprofit project that is blossoming.
Perhaps it is a personal project that you want to describe to me.
One part of this grant is to support incredible single women doing amazing things.
The other part is to highlight incredible single moms to inspire and uplift others who may not see in themselves what is possible.
No income maximum (or requirement). All nationalities welcome. The next grant recipient will be announced May 1, 2017.
Tips for being chosen:
- Display some success and momentum. If you are building a business or advancing your career, show me what you’ve already accomplished. Not-yet-started endeavors will not be considered.
- Be very specific about how you will use the money. Show me you’ve thought it though, and are ready for the next level!
- It’s not for paying off debt.
- This is not for helping your kids pay for college. They’re adults.
- Don’t complain about your ex.
- This is about creating something bigger than yourself. Only applicants who emphasize how they will pay it forward will be considered.
- The winner is not the saddest story, but the most proactive one.
Learn about Kickass Single Mom Grant winner Jennifer Little, founder of the Little Hands Book Bank in Texas.
Apply for the Kickass Single Mom Grant now:
You may like: