scroll top

Help for single moms in Wyoming

We earn commissions for transactions made through links in this post. Here's more on how we make money.

If you’re a single mom in Wyoming struggling to make ends meet, keep reading for resources that help with: 

We also put together resources specifically for:

Every month, I give out $500 cash to one single mom struggling with money, health, stress, child care, illness or loneliness — no strings attached. 

Qualifications are simple:

1. You're a single mom.

2. You need the money right now.

Fill out this form to apply:

(Note that the figures and information in this post are current as of publication date.)

Many of the programs on this list determine eligibility as a percentage of the federal poverty level (FPL). These are the 2024 federal poverty guidelines:

Number of people in family/householdAnnual income

* For families/households with more than 8 people, add $5,380 for each additional person.

You can also look up your area median income (AMI) here.

Emergency cash for low-income families in Wyoming

If you need cash to pay bills, buy gas, feed your family, or for any other reason, these resources can help:

Temporary Cash Assistance in Wyoming

Wyoming’s Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program provides cash assistance for qualifying families.

There are two forms of TANF in Wyoming: 

  • The POWER Work program
  • The POWER Caretaker Relative program
    • Provides cash assistance to family members or caregivers to children 
    • Provides free child support assistance

The amount paid out varies depending on household income. However, a family of three with no income could receive $781 monthly through the POWER Work Program. Through the POWER Caretaker Relative Program for one child with no income or resources, households could receive $259 monthly. 


  • Must be a U.S. citizen or a qualified non-citizen
  • Wyoming resident
  • Have children under 18 in the household 
  • Household must have $5,000 or less in resources
  • Meet income requirements 

How to get help:

Wyoming Rapid Response Fund

The Wyoming Rapid Response Fund, run by Volunteers of America Northern Rockies, provides one-time emergency assistance to families who:

  • Lost a home or are at risk of homelessness
  • Experience domestic abuse
  • Have healthcare challenges
  • Can't pay for a funeral
  • Need essential home repairs


  • Resident of Wyoming experiencing financial hardship due to the emergency situations listed above

How to get help:

More emergency cash help in Wyoming: 

Single moms in Wyoming can visit or dial 2-1-1 to ask for assistance.

Check out these posts for more ways to get emergency cash: 

These are some more tips for getting cash quickly: 

Housing help for single moms in Wyoming

If you need help finding a place to live or paying your rent/mortgage, these programs can help:

Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers affordable housing and vouchers to help low-income households pay their rent.


Vouchers and housing are based on household income and family size. You can find your county’s income limits on the HUD website

How to get help: 

Contact your local public housing agency and ask how to apply for assistance

Mortgage assistance in Wyoming 

If you need help buying a home paying your mortgage in Wyoming, these programs can help: 

Wyoming Homeowner Assistance Fund

The Wyoming Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) helps Wyoming homeowners who have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and meet eligibility criteria to stay in their homes. 

Eligible homeowners can receive up to $17,000 as a one-time award to cover past-due mortgage payments, utility bills, taxes, and more. 


  • Wyoming homeowner
  • Currently occupy the property as the primary residence
  • Financially affected by COVID-19 
  • Must not have received a previous HAF award 
  • Annual household income at or below 150% of the AMI

How to get help: 

Spruce Up

Spruce Up offers financing for both the purchase and rehabilitation of a home in one loan, with 3.125% interest for a term of 30 years.

Households can use Spruce Up for:

  • Minor remodeling and non-structural repairs
  • Repairing or replacing plumbing, heating, AC and electrical systems
  • Making changes for improved functionality and modernization
  • Repairing or replacing roofing
  • Making energy conservation improvements
  • Creating accessible features for persons with disabilities


  • First-time homebuyer or have not owned a property in the last three years
  • Adhere to purchase price and income limits
  • Must be owner occupied as a primary residence
  • May be subject to Federal Recapture Tax (contact WCDA for more information)
  • FHA, VA, and RD financing acceptable
  • Home must sit on 10 acres or less
  • Single family homes, no option for rental income
  • Manufactured homes on permanent foundations must meet FHA requirements
  • First-time homebuyers are required to complete the homebuyer education class through Wyoming Housing Network, Inc.

How to get help: 

Wyoming down payment assistance

Wyoming Community Development Authority helps with down payment and closing costs through the following programs: 

WCDA’s Down Payment Assistance (DPA)

Down Payment Assistance (DPA) loans help borrowers in Wyoming pay for their down payments and closing costs. Each DPA loan product has these basic features:

  • $15,000 maximum loan amount
  • 620 minimum credit score
  • $1,500 minimum borrower contribution required

Home$tretch DPA Loan Product

  • Must be used with First-time Homebuyer and Spruce Up products only
  • 0% interest rate and 0.080% APR based on an average loan amount of $5,500
  • No monthly payment
  • Due upon sale of the home, refinance or 30 year maturity

Amortizing DPA Loan Product

  • May be used with HFA Preferred and Advantage products only
  • Fixed interest rate
  • Fully amortizing, low monthly payments
  • Maximum 10-year term


Must meet income and purchase price requirements for household and area. 

How to get help: 

Welcome Home Wyoming 

Welcome Home Wyoming (WHWY) provides a 30-year, fixed rate home loan or a down payment assistance loan. Down payment assistance loans can also go towards closing costs, reducing the principal, or prepayment. This program is open to first-time and repeat homebuyers. 


  • Qualifying credit score (must be above 640)
  • Must be a primary residence in Wyoming
  • Household income falls within program limits (below $131,600 regardless of household size)
  • Completion of homebuyer education program
  • Buying new or existing residential property (one/two units, detached, townhome, condo, or manufactured)

How to get help:

Check today's mortgage loan rates >>

My Front Door

My Front Door helps Wyoming residents walk through the process of becoming and remaining a homeowner. The nonprofit currently has a 98% success rate with program participants through its seven-year program. As a member, you will receive:

  • A 12-week class that educates you about the homebuying process and financial literacy to help you prepare for homeownership
  • An 18 to 24-month mentorship to help you save money for your 3.5% down payment for the home you desire
  • A five-year program on home maintenance where you learn how to take care of your home, increase its value, and plan for the future


How to get help:

Homeless assistance in Wyoming 

Wyoming Homeless Services Program and the Wyoming Homeless Collaborative work together to assist those experiencing homelessness. They connect people with:

  • Emergency shelters
  • Transitional housing
  • Permanent housing
  • Counseling to acquire the necessary life skills to maintain permanent housing


Requirements are set by individual agencies and programs. 

How to get help: 

Contact Program Manager Karla McClaren at 307-721-1973.  

More housing help: 

Transportation help for low-income families in Wyoming

If you need free or low-cost transportation or financial assistance for car repairs, there are many resources available to low-income families in Wyoming.

Free or discounted rides in Wyoming

Here’s a resource for free or discounted rides:

Ride United Transportation Access (RUTA)

United Way and Wyoming 211 have partnered to offer free and discounted Lyft rides to people who need help getting to medical appointments, school, work, job interviews and more. This is meant to be an occasional service when other modes of transport are not possible for the rider. Eligible users can get up to 10 one-way rides per month.

This service is available in the following counties:

  • Laramie
  • Albany
  • Natrona 


  • Rider lives in one of the service areas
  • Has an eligible reason for a ride (this is determined over the phone by a Wyoming 211 agent)

How to get help:

  • Dial 211 on your landline or cell phone

Discounts on public transportation in Wyoming

Wyoming has public transit options in each county. Many of those services cater to the needs of Wyoming seniors. Here are some options that may help depending on where you live:

Jackson Wyoming START Bus

The START Bus provides free shuttles throughout the town of Jackson, Wyo. Free bus rides are available for all students in grade 12 and below in Teton County, Wyo. Children 8 and under can ride free with a paying adult and there are half-price fares for seniors 60 and over and for children 12 and under who are riding without an adult. All buses have free Wi-fi.


  • Open to residents of Jackson

How to get help:

Share a Ride Wyoming

Share a Ride Wyoming is a shuttle service that connects people who need to travel throughout the state to save money and provide safe transport. The fares are reduced when multiple riders need to travel to the same areas. For example, the fare from Riverton to Casper is $195 for one person, but $49 per person if there are four or more passengers.


  • Open to anyone traveling within Wyoming

How to get help:

Nonemergency medical transportation (NEMT) in Wyoming

If you need NEMT in Wyoming, check out the following:

NEMT for Medicaid members in Wyoming

If you have Medicaid, you may be eligible for a subsidy to help pay for nonmedical and nonemergency medical transportation. The subsidy may be in the form of reimbursement or Medicaid will purchase the transportation ticket on behalf of the member.

This coverage can include payments for: 

  • Use of your own car
  • Taxis
  • Shuttles
  • Public transit
  • Intrastate and interstate bus fare (such as Greyhound)
  • Airfare
  • Overnight lodging at a hotel


  • Wyoming resident
  • Medicaid member with travel assistance coverage

How to get help:

Free cars in Wyoming

This nationwide charity offers free cars to those who cannot afford to buy one:

Free Charity Cars 

Free Charity Cars awards free vehicles to selected applicants in all 50 states. The nonprofit charity group has been awarding free vehicles to low-income American families since 1996 and has gifted more than 9,000 cars. The charity group notes that they do not have an inventory of vehicles readily available as they award cars as soon as they get them, so there can be extensive waiting periods for those selected for the free car program. 


  • Be a resident of the U.S.
  • Be 18 years of age or older
  • Have a valid driver’s license
  • Be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
  • Have a genuine need for a vehicle 
  • Have access to a Computer and Internet Service
  • Sign up for an online account 
  • Complete an online application for a vehicle
  • Have the financial means to pay for the fees, including the tag, title, emissions, insurance, etc.,
  • Take financial responsibility for maintaining insurance and upkeep on the vehicle if awarded 

How to get help:

Car repair help and donation in Wyoming

If you are looking for car repairs on a budget, check out these options:

Backwards Mechanic Auto Center LLC

The Backwards Mechanic Auto Center in Casper, Wyo. offers three levels of repair service at different base prices:

  • You Fix It: At $39.95, plus parts (or you may bring your own) this option is for people who know how to make car repairs but just need access to equipment and a car bay
  • Fix It Together: At $59.95, plus parts and labor, you will work with a certified mechanic to perform the repair
  • We Fix It: At $99.95, plus parts and labor, the show will make the repairs for you


  • Anyone is welcome to choose the level of service they desire

How to get help:

  • Call 307-797-8336

Good Vibes Garage

Good Vibes Garage in Laramie, Wyo. offers sliding scale rates on car repairs for single moms, students, and people experiencing hardship.


  • Proof of income 

How to get help:

Les Schwab Tires

If you have a flat tire, Les Schwab Tires offers free repair if your tire can be fixed. This service is for passenger vehicles and is available at Les Schwab Tires locations in Wyoming. If you want to purchase new tires, they offer financing options and free services to maintain or fix your tires.


  • These services are available to anyone near a Les Schwab location

How to get help:

  • Call 833-896-9953

If you're ready to buy a car, but you have low or no credit, Auto Loan Express is a quality lender:

  • Better Business Bureau rating of A+
  • In business since 1999
  • For new or used cars
  • Auto loans and refi for buyers who have low or no credit, or who have gone through bankruptcy or had a vehicle repossessed
  • Pre-approval within 30 seconds

24 hours to a car loan with Auto Loan Express >>

Electric bill assistance in Wyoming

If you are struggling to pay your utility bills in Wyoming, check out the following programs:

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) in Wyoming

LIHEAP helps qualifying households with home heating and cooling costs, paid directly to utility companies. The agency does not assist with water, sewer, or telephone services. 


  • Meet income guidelines 
  • Responsible for paying your home heating or cooling bills
  • Wyoming resident
  • U.S. citizen, qualified alien, or permanent resident of the U.S.

How to get help:

Energy Share of Wyoming

Energy Share of Wyoming is a nonprofit that provides emergency, one-time funding to help you pay energy bills. This assistance is available after all other utility bill resources (such as LIHEAP) have been exhausted. If eligible, you can get up to $400 in assistance.

Energy Share partners with local Salvation Army locations to qualify applicants. Applications are accepted between December and April, based on the availability of funding.


How to get help:

  • Call 303-860-5572

Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)

WAP helps low-income families lower their monthly energy bills by making their homes more energy efficient. Types of assistance include:

  • Installing carbon monoxide detectors
  • Removing mold
  • Replacing inefficient or unsafe heating units 
  • Insulating a single family home for energy efficiency


  • U.S citizen or a qualified alien
  • Wyoming resident 
  • Meet income guidelines 
  • Automatically eligible if you are receiving SSI, TANF or Aid to Families with Dependent Children benefits

How to get help:

Energy Share of Wyoming

Energy Share of Wyoming provides emergency financial assistance to help families pay utility bills. The nonprofit assists with gas, electric, and propane bills. This one-time help is only available to households with proof of financial hardship and no other means to pay for the overdue bills. Eligible families can receive up to $400 in assistance.


  • Income is at or below 185% of the FPL for household size
  • Proof of financial hardship

How to get help:

Enroll Wyoming

If you need help figuring out the health insurance marketplace, Enroll Wyoming is a free service that will help you review coverage options, answer questions, and assist you with enrollment. 


  • Anyone in Wyoming is eligible to use this free service.

How to get help:

More electric bill help: 

Free money to help pay bills

Medical insurance and dental help for single moms in Wyoming

The following medical and dental services are available to qualifying individuals and families:        

Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) in Wyoming

HRSA, an agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, funds health centers that provide free or subsidized health and dental care to low-income people and those otherwise unable to access quality health care, like people living in rural areas.

HRSA also offers a 24/7 free and confidential mental health hotline for pregnant and new moms. Dial 833-943-5746 (833-9-HELP4MOMS) if you are struggling.


Each health center sets its own eligibility criteria for free or reduced cost care. 

How to get help:

Find an HRSA health center in Wyoming by typing in your address on HRSA’s search tool.

Wyoming Medicaid

Medicaid provides medical coverage for low-income individuals and families. In Wyoming, the program includes:

  • Managed Medical Assistance (MMA) – Covers medical services like doctor visits, hospital care, prescription drugs, mental health care, and transportation for medical needs
  • Long-term Care (LTC) – Covers care in a nursing facility, assisted living, or at home (must be at least 18 years old and require nursing home-level care or hospital-level care if you have cystic fibrosis)
  • Dental – Covers all dental services for children and adults


Plus, you must meet at least one of the following requirements:

  • Pregnant
  • Caretaker for a child 18 or younger
  • Member of the household has a disability, including blindness
  • 65 or older

How to get help:

Wyoming KidCare 

Wyoming Kid Care CHIP — part of the national Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) — provides health and dental care coverage for Wyoming children whose families do not qualify for Medicaid. 

Most families pay nothing, and many pay as little as $4 a month.

KidCare provides both health and dental services with a choice of local doctors, dentists, hospitals, and pharmacies. Benefits include:

  • Doctor visits
  • Surgeries
  • Vaccines
  • Vision and hearing 
  • Hospital stays


  • Meet household income guidelines — $3,839 for a family of three
  • Wyoming resident
  • Under age 19
  • U.S. citizen or legally lived in the U.S. for at least 5 years 
  • Have not had insurance for at least 30 days

How to get help:

Wyoming Hand in Hand (WHH)

The Wyoming Hand in Hand Home Visitation Program is available to all women, during pregnancy and following the birth of the baby for assessment, information and referral to community agencies.

Families are partnered with a trained registered nurse during pregnancy or after birth and receive home visits that continue through the child’s 2nd birthday. This program consists of at least 25 home visits. 

Services cover:

  • Prenatal care and parenting 
  • Conception 
  • Stress management
  • Local resources and assistance


Pregnant women and parents of children under 2 years old are eligible. 

How to get help: 

Contact your local Hand in Hand location

More medical/dental help: 

Food help for low-income families in Wyoming

A number of federal and state food and nutrition programs are available across the state:

Wyoming Food Assistance Program (SNAP)

USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly known as the Food Stamp program) provides food benefits and nutrition education to low-income households. 

SNAP recipients are issued an EBT card that can be used like an ATM card in retail food stores to purchase food, including:

  • Breads
  • Cereals
  • Fruits
  • Vegetables
  • Meats
  • Fish
  • Poultry
  • Dairy
  • Plants and seeds to grow food 


  • Wyoming resident
  • Current bank balance (savings and checking combined) under $2,500 or under $3,750 and share your household with one of the following:
    • Person or persons age 60 and over
    • Person with a disability (child, spouse, parent, yourself
  • Meet income guidelines — $2495 for a family of three

How to get help: 

Call or visit your local Department of Family Services office. 

Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)

The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children is a nutrition program that provides free baby formula and nutritional food items to low-income mothers and their babies. 


  • Low-income, pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, for up to one year postpartum
  • Women up to six months postpartum who are not breastfeeding
  • Infants and children under 5 years old, including foster children
  • Low-income sole provider parents of children under age of 5 who are at nutritional risk and who are below 185% of FPL
  • If you are currently receiving Medicaid, Temporary Assistance, or Food Assistance help, you are also eligible for WIC

How to get help: 

National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and School Breakfast Program

NSLP serves healthy, well-balanced, reduced-price or free meals to children in school. 

An extension of the NSLP, the School Breakfast Program provides free or low-cost breakfast to eligible students. Schools with at least 80% of the students eligible for free or reduced-price meals must provide breakfast at no cost to all students. 


Household income must fall at or below the limits of the federal income eligibility guidelines.

How to get help: 

  • Contact your child’s school to enroll
  • Call 307-857-9256

Wyoming’s Summer Food Service Program

The Wyoming Department of Education serves nutritious meals at no cost to children during summer break. Food is distributed at local schools, nonprofits, parks, and libraries. 


These are the current income guidelines for the Summer Food Service Program: 

How to get help: 

Wyoming food banks

Food banks in Wyoming provide meals for individuals and families who are struggling to put food on the table. 


Each food bank sets its own eligibility and proof of need requirements. 

How to get help: 

To find a food bank near you and for additional information, visit the Food Bank of Wyoming  website.

More food help: 

Child care help for low-income families in Wyoming

There are multiple federally funded education programs and resources in Wyoming:

Wyoming Head Start and Early Head Start

Head Start is a free federal preschool program for children aged 3 to 5 from low-income families. Early Head Start serves pregnant women and children under age 3. 

The programs focus on cognitive, social, and emotional development and prepare children for school. 


  • Children from birth to 5 
  • Income is falls within FPL 
  • Children in foster care, homeless children, and children from families receiving public assistance (TANF, SSI, etc.) are eligible regardless of income
  • Some programs accept kids with incomes above the Poverty Guidelines
  • Pregnant women can also receive prenatal and postpartum information, education, and services through Early Head Start

How to apply: 

Wyoming Child Care Subsidy

The Child Care Subsidy program, under the Wyoming Department of Family Services, provides financial help for low-income families to pay for child care. The program pays a portion of the cost and most families are required to offer  co-pay based on a sliding fee scale


  • Wyoming resident
  • Have a household income between 100% and 225% of the FPL

How to get help:

More child care help

Education help for single moms in Wyoming

If you’re a single mom who wants to further her education, here are some helpful resources: 

Get a GED in Wyoming

If you are at least 18 years old in Wyoming, you can take the GED test. You may also be able to take the test at 16 or 17 with special permission from the school district where you live. 

The GED test is broken into four exams on different subjects, which can be spaced out and taken at your own pace (though each individual exam has a time limit):

  • Mathematical reasoning – 115 minutes
  • Reasoning through language arts – 150 minutes
  • Social studies – 70 minutes
  • Science – 90 minutes

You have two options for taking the test in Wyoming: 

  • Online at-home test: $36 per subject
  • In person at a test center: $20 per subject

Wyoming residents can also take the HiSET to earn high school equivalency. 

Grants and scholarships in Wyoming

The Wyoming Community Foundation connects students and prospective students with grants and scholarships available in Wyoming.

Individual schools also offer need-based and academic scholarships for their students. If you’ve been accepted to a higher education institution, contact their office of financial aid to learn how to apply. 

More education help:

Employment help for single moms in Wyoming

Workforce programs in Wyoming provide training and assist with employment:

Climb Wyoming job training programs

Climb Wyoming provides free job training for single moms to help them earn more in a new career, such as healthcare, truck driving, and office support. Students learn new marketable workplace skills but also get help with lifestyle topics like parenting, budgeting, and preparing healthy meals.

Thousands of program graduates are self-sufficient, work full time, have doubled their monthly income, and have decreased their Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.  

Climb Wyoming offers job placement to graduates thanks to its relationships with reputable employers. The program serves:

  • Casper
  • Cheyenne
  • Gillette
  • Laramie
  • Sweetwater
  • Teton


Climb Wyoming encourages all single mothers in the program service areas to apply. Kerry Lloyd, Statewide Communications Manager says they keep eligibility requirements general to offer a personalized selection process that considers the needs of each individual.

How to get help:

  • Complete the contact now form online
  • Call 307-316-1470

Wyoming Reemployment Assistance (Insurance) Program

Unemployment Insurance provides unemployment compensation to eligible Wyoming workers who are out of work through no fault of their own.

The amount of unemployment benefits varies depending on how much you have earned in your base period. The maximum weekly benefit amount is $560, and the minimum weekly benefit is $40.


  • Wyoming resident 
  • Unemployed
  • Previously employed for the past 12 months
  • Earned a certain amount of wages
  • Actively looking for another job

How to get help: 

Wyoming Works at WWCC

The Wyoming Works program at Western Wyoming Community College (WWCC) offers resources to help you learn new skills and find a job to use those skills. You may be eligible for a grant of up to $3,360 per year to help pay for your education if you select an approved program


  • U.S. citizen and Wyoming resident
  • Complete the FAFSA
  • Enrolled in an approved program

How to get help:

American Job Centers

American Job Centers offer employment and training services, career counseling, and job search assistance. 

How to get help: 

More employment help: 

Charity organizations in Wyoming

There are a number of charitable organizations throughout Wyoming that offer support to single moms:

The Salvation Army of Wyoming

The Salvation Army wears many hats. Chapters assist with:

  • Food, shelter and clothing
  • Medication costs
  • Education and job training
  • Christmas presents
  • Rent and utility bills
  • Substance abuse rehabilitation
  • Youth services
  • Emergency disaster response


Each Salvation Army branch determines its own eligibility criteria for different programs. 

How to get help: 

Visit the Salvation Army website to find your local chapter. 

Catholic Charities of Wyoming

Catholic Charities assists with:

  • Housing
  • Utility assistance
  • Food assistance
  • Health care assistance


Each Catholic Charities branch determines its own eligibility criteria for different programs. 

How to get help: 

United Way of Wyoming

The United Ways of Wyoming connects people in need with local resources like: 

  • Food
  • Shelter
  • Child care services
  • Housing
  • Health care
  • Support groups

How to get help: 

Help for single moms in Cheyenne, Wyoming

The following resources serve residents of Cheyenne, Wyo.:

Housing help in Cheyenne

These housing resources can help if you are homeless or at risk of homelessness:

Project Hope

The Project Hope Self Sufficiency program of Laramie County helps people get back on their feet after homelessness or housing instability. The program requires a one-year commitment and involves working closely with a case manager to secure housing, build life skills, and create and accomplish goals. There is a waiting list for the program and eligible families are accepted in order of application date.


  • Income is at 125% of the FPL for household size
  • Minimum annual income of $15,075
  • Homeless or at risk of homelessness
  • Able to pass a background check

How to get help:

  • Call 307-635-9291

Family Promise of Cheyenne

Family Promise works with community partners to make sure that families with children have the proper resources to increase housing stability.


  • Cheyenne resident
  • Homeless or at risk of homelessness

How to get help:

Transportation help in Cheyenne

Here is help if you need a ride in Cheyenne:

Cheyenne Transit Program

Cheyenne Transit Program (CTP) offers a free, fixed route bus service that runs Monday through Saturday. CTP also offers free paratransit (door-to-door) options for disabled persons and on-demand transit for $1.50. 


  • Fixed route service is open to all Cheyenne residents
  • Paratransit services are for disabled persons and requires an application

How to get help:

  • Call 307-637-6253 

Electric bill assistance in Cheyenne

If you need utility bill assistance, this resource may be a great help:

Cathedral of St. Mary Assistance

The Cathedral of St. Mary provides financial support to pay past due rent and utility bills at a current residence. Payments are made directly to the utility company or landlord.


  • Resident of Laramie County
  • Proof of income for every household member
  • Rental agreement and/or utility bill

How to get help:

Education help in Cheyenne

If you are looking for education options for your children in Cheyenne, consider the following:

Cheyenne Classical Academy

Cheyenne Classical Academy is a tuition-free public charter school scheduled to open for grades K-4 in 2024. There are plans to expand to additional grade levels in the future. Open enrollment is from January 2, 2024 through February 29, 2024. The lottery to attend the school will occur on March 1, 2024.


  • Households in Cheyenne with students in K-4 for the 2024-2025 school year

How to get help:

Medical and dental care help In Cheyenne

If you need medical and or dental care for your family, this resource can help: 


HealthWorks provides primary care, dental care, mental and behavioral health care, and a pharmacy in one location. In addition, they offer a mobile clinic that visits Cheyenne-area schools to offer minor health services. 

HealthWorks offers a sliding fee scale to help low-income families pay for care. And you may be eligible for discounts on care depending on your income. Services are available to the insured, uninsured, and underinsured.


  • Anyone in Cheyenne may use this health service
  • Households at or below 200% of the FPL may be qualified to receive additional discounts

How to get help:

  • Call 307-635-3618

Food help in Cheyenne

Here is a resource if you need help feeding your children on the weekends in Cheyenne:

Cheyenne Friday Food Bag

If you are looking for nutritious food for your children on the weekends, Cheyenne Friday Food Bag offers single meals delivered to schools in Laramie County school districts 1 and 2.


  • Child attending a Laramie County school in district 1 or 2
  • Recipient of free or reduced meals at school

How to get help:

  • Call 307-287-3315

St. Paul’s Lutheran Church Free Little Pantry

St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Cheyenne, has a small outdoor pantry where you can find canned and other packaged food goods.


  • This pantry is available to anyone in need

How to get help:

  • Visit the church at 218 E. 19th Street in Cheyenne

Help for single moms in Casper, Wyoming

The following resources serve residents of Casper, Wyo.:

Housing help in Casper

If you need housing help as a single mom in Casper, check out these resources:

The McKenzie Home

The McKenzie Home offers single moms and their children a safe place to stay. This transitional faith-based housing program also provides resources to help single moms reach self-sufficiency and stability.


  • Single mom in Casper Wyoming with housing instability

How to get help:

Seton House

Seton House offers 22 apartments and a learning center for children. It’s a safe space to accommodate single moms and their children who do not have a home. The program helps single moms transition from homelessness to having a permanent place to live. Residents may remain at Seton House for up to two years while they work through the self-sufficiency program.


  • Homeless single mom
  • Must enroll in school or job program or seek employment if unemployed
  • Willing to meet weekly with a Seton House coach
  • School-aged children must be enrolled in and attend school

How to get help:

Transportation help in Casper

Here is help if you need a ride in Casper:

Casper Area Transit

Casper Area Transit offers a subsidy program that provides free tickets and tokens to eligible riders. 


  • Casper resident
  • Does not exceed the income limit for household size

How to get help:

  • Call 307-235-8214 or 307-235-8261


If you are under the influence of alcohol in Natrona County and unable to drive home, you can ask your server or bartender for a SafeRide voucher. A participating taxi cab company will take you home.


This service is available 24/7 and serves:

  • Casper
  • Evansville
  • Mills
  • Paradise Valley
  • Parts of Bar Nunn

How to get help:

  • Call 307-266-7233

Food help in Casper

Here are is food resource in Casper:

Joshua’s Storehouse

Joshua’s Storehouse provides a food pantry, diapers, infant formula, milk, and women’s hygiene items to families in need.


  • Casper resident

How to get help:

  • Call 307-265-0242

Education help in Casper

If you are looking for education assistance in Casper, Wyo., check out the following:

Casper College Single Parent Program

The Neil and Doris McMurry Single Parents Program at Casper College offers resources to support single parents pursuing a degree program. To be eligible for help, you must complete a FAFSA for the current school year. 


  • Proof of being the custodial parent of your children
  • Does not have an associate degree or higher
  • Must maintain a GPA of 2.0 and a 67% term completion rate

How to get help:

  • Call 307-268-2604

Not your state? Select yours here:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *