If you are looking to bring in extra cash, selling gold jewelry, diamonds, watches, coins, or metal scraps that you no longer want could be an excellent way to make money. But when it comes to selling that gold, there are countless options — which can be overwhelming.
Is CashforGoldUSA legit?
Yes! While it’s understandable that you might feel nervous about selling your gold online, CashforGoldUSA is a completely legitimate business.
CashforGoldUSA is our No. 1 recommended best place to sell your gold (and more, including silver and diamonds!), for a few reasons:
- CashforGoldUSA pays within 24 hours
- Better Business Bureau A+ rating
- Price match guarantee
- Free return guarantee
- Insured up to $100,000
- Buys all weight and karat of gold, as well as all diamonds and silver
- 10% bonus if you ship within 7 days
- Get a quote with CashforGoldUSA now >>
CJ Environmental history
CashforGoldUSA.com, CashforSilverUSA.com, and CashforDiamondsUSA.com are owned by CJ Environmental, which was founded by Norm Schneider, whose family continues to own and operate the company in Foxboro, Massachusetts:
Here are answers to the most common questions people ask about CashforGoldUSA, including a review of my personal experience with the company:
- How CashforGoldUSA works
- What CashforGoldUSA buys
- CashforGoldUSA reviews
- How long CashforGoldUSA's process takes
- Pros and cons of CashforGoldUSA
How does Cash for Gold USA work?
There are more details below, but in short, this is how CashforGoldUSA works:
- Go to CashforGoldUSA.com, enter your name, address, phone number and preferred shipping method.
- Get a FedEx or USPS mailer within a few days — or print a label immediately.
- Send in your item, and get an offer within 24 hours.
- If you accept, get paid immediately.
What does CashforGoldUSA buy?
CashforGoldUSA buys gold in any shape, form, or quantity, including:
- Broken or whole gold jewelry, including gold rings, bracelets, earrings, gold chains, pins, clasps, necklaces, etc.
- Coin collections
- Gold coins
- Gold bullion
- Raw gold ingots, nuggets, and solder
- Gold wire and scrap
- Gold dental scrap from dentists
- CashforGoldUSA also buys all diamonds, silver coins, jewelry, scrap and bullion, gemstone jewelry, and fine watches.
The company accepts all karats of gold, including 8k, 9k, 10k, 14k, 15k, 18k, 22k, and 24k gold.
CashforSilverUSA is a sister site of CashforGoldUSA — they share the same family-run parent company, C.J. Environmental, which enjoys an A+ Better Business Bureau rating, high TrustPilot and customer reviews, and the same 24-hour payment and money-back guarantees. Sell your silver coins, silver tableware and flatware and other silver jewelry, dental scrap and other silver through CashforSilverUSA.
Diamonds USA (formerly CashforDiamondsUSA), is also a C.J. Environmental company, with the same BBB A+ rating, and 24-hour payment, though specializing in paying high prices for engagement rings, diamond jewelry, necklaces, earrings, tennis bracelets and loose diamonds.
Cash for Gold USA reviews
As a result of my personal experience and reading through reviews, I can sawy that CashforGoldUSA.com stands out from other online gold buyers in a number of ways:
- 100% free shipping: Fill out a form requesting an appraisal of your item, and they will send you a prepaid mailer through either FedEx or USPS (your choice), which you can then track, door-to-door.
- Insure all shipments: All shipments are automatically insured up to $5,000, with additional insurance available for items valued up to $100,000 through Jewelers Mutual Insurance. If something happens to your gold during transit, you’ll be compensated for it.
- Insure their facility: Your item is insured up to $100,000 by Lloyds of London while held.
- Founded in 2005, CashforGoldUSA has paid out millions of dollars to people selling their gold, silver, diamonds and jewelry
- Risk-free returns: If you don’t like the amount they offer, you’ll receive your items back at no cost, trackable through FedEx or USPS.
- 10% bonus if you ship within 7 days
CashforGoldUSA buys gold online from people looking to sell old gold jewelry, coins, dental and other scrap, as well as watches, Rolex, and diamonds. They make money by buying the gold at a discount to the scrap value of the metal. They then melt these objects down and sell at a profit.
Cash for Gold USA reviews
BBB rating and reviews
If you were to search for CashforGoldUSA on the Better Business Bureau website, CashforGoldUSA and its sister websites are run by CJ Environmental, Inc., a metal refining company that has been in business since 2005.
CJ Environmental has an A+ rating with the bureau. The profile also shows that the company has an average of 4.53 stars out of 5, based on an average of 75 customer reviews.
At the time of this review, it appears CJ Environmental replied to and addressed all of the complaints filed on the BBB site.
CashforGoldUSA TrustPilot reviews
CashforGoldUSA has 390 customer reviews on Trustpilot, averaging 4.7/5. Common complaints include too-low of an offer. Most are very positive, and highlight the ease of use, professional communication, quick process and payment, and fair price:
CashforGoldUSA customer reviews
Cash for Gold USA is a reputable online gold buyer that has a 98% approval rating from Shopper Approved. Below are a sampling of customer reviews:
Get started with CashforGoldUSA.com today >>
Selling your gold to CashforGoldUSA is rather straightforward. All you need to do is:
- Visit CashforGoldUSA.com and fill out a form requesting a prepaid mailer be sent to you, free of charge.
- Place your items inside the mailer and send it back to CashforGoldUSA. You can have the mailer picked up at your door (opposed to taking it to the shipping center).
- Your items will be appraised within 24 hours of receipt to determine the value of the gold, and you’ll be sent an offer.
- If you accept the offer, you’ll be paid by either check, bank wire, or directly through PayPal. Depending on which option you choose, you may be paid in as little as 24 hours after accepting the offer.
- If you don’t accept the offer, your item will be returned to you free of charge.
Get a free estimate of your item before you send it in for appraisal. Just enter the weight and karat of gold into CashforGoldUSA's gold calculator. It is important to note that this is just an estimate, though, and not a final offer. The only way to get an accurate offer is to send your item in for appraisal.
More on how CashforGold works:
CashforGoldUSA always guarantees that if you are not 100% happy with the offer they make for your gold, then you can back out free of charge. They also guarantee that if you have a better offer from a competitor, they will match that offer.
How does Cash for Gold USA pay?
CashforGoldUSA will pay by paper, mailed check, which takes 2-3 business days or immediately by Paypal — your choice.
How long does CashforGoldUSA take?
Once you request your free mailer, you should receive it within a week.
Shipping your item to the company will less than 24 hours. Once your item is received, it will be appraised within 24 hours and you will receive an offer. If you receive this offer, CashforGoldUSA will pay you immediately according to your preferred payment method. Receiving payment by PayPal will be the fastest option, with money deposited in your account immediately. Payment by check or bank transfer will take a few more days.
All told, you can go from requesting a mailer to receiving cash for your gold within a week total, depending on how quickly you send in your item.
10% bonus if you ship within 7 days.
How much does Cash for Gold USA pay?
Ultimately, how much you receive for your gold will depend on the weight and purity of the gold, as well as the current market price of the metal.
As of , the spot gold value in the United States was trading at $ per ounce, or $ per gram.
Here are some recent sales at CashforGoldUSA:
What percentage does Cash for Gold USA take?
CashforGoldUSA does not state on its site or in interviews how much commission it takes.
In general, online gold buyers are more competitive and have lower overhead, so can pay a higher price to sellers.
I recommend negotiating any offer for your gold or other jewelry, coins or scrap.
Pros of CashforGoldUSA
The benefits of selling your gold to CashforGoldUSA include:
- Ease: Selling your gold is as easy as requesting a mailer, sending your gold in for an appraisal, and accepting an offer.
- Speed: If you accept their offer, you can be paid in as little as 24 hours depending on the payment method you choose.
- High pay: CashforGoldUSA has been found to pay up to three times the price offered by competitors according to a third-party investigation, as well as my own research.
- If you send in your item within seven days, you can receive a 10% bonus for your gold.
- Price match: CashforGoldUSA will match any offer from a competitor, so you know you’ll always get as much money for your gold as possible.
- Free shipping: CashforGoldUSA will provide a prepaid, insured shipper for you to send in your gold for appraisal, and return your item free of charge if you choose not to sell.
- Hassle-free returns: If you decide you don’t want to accept their offer, CashforGoldUSA will send you your item back without question.
- Accepts a range of items and accepts all weights and quality of metals and gemstones: From jewelry to coins to dental scrap and Rolexes in any karat or weight. CashforGoldUSA will also accept platinum, silver, palladium, watches and diamonds and gemstones through its sister websites. No minimum weight or value.
- Feel good about recycling your gold and silver — which has a much lower environmental impact than mining and smelting.
Cons of CashforGoldUSA
While we recommend CashforGoldUSA, there can be some drawbacks, including:
- It’s not ideal for collectible coins, or branded jewelry: If you have gold coins that have value as a collectible or high-end designer jewelry, such as Tiffany, Cartier, Bvlgari, David Yurman, Van Cleef & Arpels, or Harry Winston, we recommend Worthy.com.
- Your offer is based on a single evaluation: CashforGoldUSA appraises each item as it is received and uses this one evaluation to calculate an offer. Take it or leave it.
Other places to sell gold online
Selling your gold can be an excellent way of bringing in some cash that you can use to reach your financial goals, whatever they are, and CashforGoldUSA is an excellent option for doing just that.
While it’s understandable that you might feel nervous about selling your gold online, CashforGoldUSA is a completely legitimate, A+ BBB rated business started in 2005.
Ultimately, how much you receive for your gold will depend on the weight and purity of the gold, as well as the current market price of the metal. That being said, CashforGoldUSA guarantees that they will match any offer you have received from a competitor.
CashforGoldUSA buys gold in any shape, form, or quantity, including: broken gold jewelry, gold coins, gold ingots, gold dental scrap, and more.
CashforGoldUSA will pay by paper, mailed check, Paypal or ACH bank wire — your choice.