This is First World Fridays #FWF (check out the first FWF here – it was a wild success!) where I share the frivolous stuff that I allow to occupy my mind, and I turn it into an expression of gratitude. Please do it the same – in the comments, Facebook, Twitter, privately within yourself. Tag it #FWF (yes, I’m asking you to tag your silent prayers) and let’s start a revolution!
#FWFs: This week is full of frivolity. To wit:
- My hair color could use a touchup but that will fry the ends and require a trim and I’m loving the length, so am in a hair pickle.
- I just polished off literally half of a pan of Rice Krispy Treats and it’s all I can do to not eat the rest before the kids come home.
- I’ve been frustrated with my kids failure to listen and actually wrote this text to a friend: “Can you come over and beat up my kids? As a Mother’s Day gift? Please?”
- I’m irritated by how badly my apartment needs to be painted.
- It’s spring and all my clothes from last year seem so, so wrong.
Gratitude: Oh, plenty:
- Hair color.
- That I live in a country where one of the top problems is people who eat too much.
- My kids are generally healthy and well-behaved though occasionally they do beat up each other.
- I could have my apartment repainted any day if I weren’t so lazy.
- My closets are populated with more clothes than one woman with few social obligations could ever wear in a single year.
Now your turn: What have you been fretting over this week? Was it really important? How can you turn those negative thoughts into acts or thoughts of gratitude. Please share in comments!
About #FWF: Each week I will post here about the annoyingly frivolous thing I worried about the previous week. I also vow to devote that energy into an expression of gratitude. Two things are true: Sharing openly that which we are ashamed of (in this case devoting time and energy to silly stuff) frees you from that shame, and gives others the permission to do so. Also: The only way to be happy is to be grateful. So post here, on social media, or privately within your family, circle of friends, or even within yourself your own #FirstWorldFriday. Remember – In one breath purge your silly worries, in a second express gratitude.
Never miss an offer or update.
Just pop in your name and email and be the first to find out what WealthySingleMommy is up to!
No B.S. I will never sell your contact info.