Sallie Krawcheck is often cited as one of the most influential women on Wall Street. The former president of Global Wealth & Investment Management at Bank of America, and CEO of Citigroup’s Smith Barney unit, Krawcheck today is the co-founder of the female networking coalition Ellevate Network, and CEO and co-founder of Ellevest, a digital financial advisor for women. She’s also a wife, mom and philanthropist.
On this episode of Like a Mother, Sallie and I chat about her career, advice for women navigating career, money, relationships and motherhood, all of it dished about in detail in her new book, Own It: The Power of Women at Work. The gorgeous message of this book: THIS IS A MOMENT FOR WOMEN! Your unique qualities are scientifically proven to be an asset in the workforce, and businesses large and small KNOW IT. Further, the realities of technology mean that you have untold freedom to create a business, life and career of your own making.
In this interview Sallie Krawcheck shares:
- Why women relinquish their financial control in their romantic relationships — and how her own first, passionate marriage went down in flames, and this up-and-coming Wall Street star had no idea about her own finances.
- The real reason why you should negotiate for a higher salary and bonus every single time, and the realities about how salaries work — and why women get it so freaking wrong.
- Is it sexist to go out of your way to support other women in the workforce?
- How women are just as guilty as men in presuming that successful women are ugly, masculine and bitches (check yourself!).
- Step-by-step how-to network to get yourself that job, promotion and life that you want.
- Feedback loop – Do you realize men are constantly benefiting from feedback about their performances at work, while men are afraid to do the same to female employees for fear they’ll cry? How to change this dynamic, ASAP (no crying!).
About Like a Mother
Celebrities, bestsellers, turd-stirrers, advocates, everyday people with amazing stories, and call-in guests to discuss what smart moms really care about: Career, money, business, parenting, feminism, dating, sex, success, love and relationships.
“Top 15 Personal Finance Podcasts” —U.S. News
Never miss an offer or update.
Just pop in your name and email and be the first to find out what WealthySingleMommy is up to!
No B.S. I will never sell your contact info.