With the swipe of a finger or a few keystrokes, you can have a pool (or a puddle) of suitors waiting to woo you. EliteSingles promotes itself as the go-to app for serious relationships for professionals.
EliteSingles stands out because it features:
- A deep personality survey to make highly compatible matches
- 100% profiles are verified by a human — so no fake members on Elite Singles
- 82% of the members have a college education
- 90% of members aged 30+
Plus, EliteSingles' parent company, Spark Networks, has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
However, readers report more success finding qualified partners, and a larger dating pool, with eharmony, which pioneered in 2000 the model of a dating site based on a lengthy quiz, and algorithmic matching with the goal of long-term, meaningful partnership and marriage. eharmony also offers:
- Free 150-point personality report
- Apps for iOS and Android
- 100% of members are proven to be real (no catfishing or married people!)
- Free version
- 3 months free if you aren't happy with your matches!
- A+ Better Business Bureau rating
- 25% discount with code WSM25
Learn more about eharmony in our review, or check out the eharmony free trial now, and get a 25% discount with code WSM25 >>
This dating site and app strive to help professionals make a true connection and find serious relationships — without endless swiping. In this post you will learn:
- What is EliteSingles?
- How does Elite Singles work?
- Does EliteSingles have an app?
- Is Elite Singles free?
- How much does Elite Singles cost per month?
- What kind of people are on EliteSingles?
- Elite Singles requirements
- What are the criteria for Elite Singles?
- Pros of EliteSingles
- EliteSingles vs. eharmony
- Should I pay for Elite Singles?
- The bottom line: Elite Singles success rate
What is EliteSingles?
Striving to match you with educated professionals for serious dating, EliteSingles dating website works similarly to other dating sites using personality-based algorithms. Because of that, EliteSingles digs deep. Starting with questions regarding how you feel about yourself and ending with questions about those more emotionally trying situations couples may face together, Elite Singles doesn’t leave any stone unturned.
“I'm so lonely and want a boyfriend. But there are no good men — right?”
One question asks you to rate your level of attractiveness, while others gauge your feelings on raising children. The site functions more like a digital matchmaker than any impersonal dating app could, asking pointed questions to direct you to your perfect match for serious dating. Using your responses and comparing them to those from millions of singles around the world, it appears Elite Singles’ methodology could increase your chances of finding love and having fun while you’re looking.
Not sure what makes EliteSingles different than other matchmaking websites? Consider having to face those questions you might be embarrassed to answer honestly if your friend were to ask. For instance, if you care how much money the person you’re dating makes or if you don't like children, this site takes away the shame you may feel when expressing your thoughts on these matters.
Elite Singles' app not only wants to know, but they will use the information you provide to find your matches. Dating apps like eharmony or Zoosk don’t give you the option of being honest in this way, limit their algorithm's ability to connect you with someone who may be serious relationship material.
How does Elite Singles work?
EliteSingles works similar to eharmony. Upon entering the site, you’ll face standard questions including, “Are you looking for men or women?” and “When were you born?” After filling out such generic information, the questions gradually become more probing, the kind of questions that could easily make you uncomfortable and might prompt you to lie, like the kind of race you prefer to date. This is the dating and personality questionnaire component of the signup process about which the site boasts.
Depending on how honest you are with yourself, you might be shocked at what you learn not only about your personal preferences, but also your values and how you would possibly react when faced with a moral dilemma.
Questions such as, “How important is attractiveness to you?” and “Would you stay with a partner through a life-altering change?” are relevant and highlight a potential match’s character — not to mention challenge you to examine your own beliefs. Because of the depth of the questions, I’d suggest carving out up to an hour of your time to complete Elite Singles profile — they designed their app and site so that once you start the process, you can’t stop until you answer more than 200 questions.
Once you’ve completed the questionnaire, Elite Singles pairs you with members based on a compatibility score of 1 to 100. The higher the score, the higher the likelihood of compatibility for serious dating, according to the Elite Single’s algorithm. While you’re more than welcome to browse the website — if you pay for a subscription — the real magic comes in the form of a daily email containing between one and five matches for that day. No fuss, no hassle, you pretty much never have to think about it again. Elite Singles brings nearby matches right to your inbox.
Does EliteSingles have an app?
EliteSingles was late to the app game, but today does have a dynamic app for both Android and iOs, which you can use with Siri and Alexa, and integrates with your phone camera. You can use all the swipe, match, profile creation and messaging from the app. You can also sign up directly from the app, as well as take the free personality test, and use the free Elite Singles version.
Is Elite Singles free?
You can access EliteSingles's basic version for free.
In the free basic version, you can go through the personality profile, get the results, create a profile, and match with others.
However, with the free version, you won’t be able to see anyone’s profile photo or send anyone a message — which is perfect for taking a baby step toward dating or getting a taste of online dating.
However, for actually connecting and seeing your potential matches, you need to upgrade to a paid version.
How much does Elite Singles cost per month?
For a premium membership, there are currently three options. Premium starts at costs $41.66 per month for the 6-month membership. Premium members receive:
- Unlimited messaging
- View all member photos
- See everyone who visits your profile, and turn on read receipts for your messages
- Confirmation of messages received
- Access to the mobile app
- More detailed personality profile
- Access “Wildcard” matches
Elite Singles membership costs:
- 3-month membership: $57.95 / month
- 6-month membership: $44.95 / month
- 12-month membership: $31.95 / month
This membership structure is interesting because the monthly rate is actually cheaper with a one-month commitment, compared with a three-month contract. I guess Elite Singles is confident that you will find that quality, long-term relationship in the first 30 days :)
What kind of people are on EliteSingles?
EliteSingles claims 165,000 new members per month. According to their website, 82% of members hold a bachelor’s degree, and supposedly every eight minutes someone on EliteSingles finds their soulmate.
Billing itself as a source for professionals who are serious about finding a meaningful romantic match, the thinking is that singles willing to spend significant time and money on creating a profile will be more likely to be serious about dating and career.
If you’re looking for something casual or have a swipe-and-go mentality, joining Elite Singles is not for you. [Zoosk is a quality site with tens of millions of users, high reviews and a wider variety of dating types.]
The site is geared toward educated professionals and requires a minimum of three months for any of the paid memberships.
Most of Elite Singles’ members are 33 to 50 years old, making it less appealing to the swipe-happy millennials that Tinder and Bumble target.
What does Elite Singles mean by “highly educated?”
Elite Singles does not specific what it means by reporting 85% of its members are college-educated, though it appears that it means that percentage of EliteSingles members have attended post-high-school university, even if they did not attain a degree.
Elite Singles requirements
EliteSingles has some rules typical of dating apps, as well as some that qualify EliteSingles as a premium site:
- Membership requires you complete an extensive online survey about your interests, values, goals, tastes and preferences
- That you are real (a human verifies your identity and photo)
- While you can see limited info of other members' profiles for free, and receive a free personality analysis for free, this is a mostly pay-only dating app
What are the criteria for Elite Singles?
Elite Singles is targeted to singles looking for meaningful connections. Since each member is vetted manually, you'd better make sure you are who you say you are in your profile. Other criterion include patience, as you must fill out a 200-point questionnaire.
What age group is Elite Singles for?
EliteSingles' website claims, “the majority of our members are aged 30-55.”
Pros of EliteSingles for online dating
- Serious dating only: Like its competitor eharmony, EliteSingles is only marketed to people looking for serious, long-term committed relationships—including marriage.
- Accuracy: EliteSingles' personality test makes it harder to lie. They ask you the same question in more than one way to see how you react and engage, testing who you are as a person and how you think. This method should prove helpful when curating honest, thoughtful matches.
- Great app for both iOS and Android users.
- Free personality report. Get a deep analysis of your personality traits after completing the online survey. This is yours to keep, whether you sign up and pay or not.
- Advice for new singles: If you’re one of the many who is new to online dating, or could use some dating advice, EliteSingles’ blog has hundreds of articles on topics like how to build trust in a relationship.
- Website safety: According to the website, EliteSingles checks every user profile for authenticity, by hand, to verify that each user is legitimate—reducing the chances for spam, catfishing, married men posing as single, and other sleazy behavior. The site is also encrypted to protect your data. The site states:
“In order to avoid this on EliteSingles, we manually check each individual profile to guarantee that everyone on our site is serious about the search for love. We use SSL Encryption, Fraud Detection, and Manual Profile Verification to ensure our members feel completely comfortable when using our service.”
EliteSingles' parent company, Spark Networks, has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
Cons of Elite Singles for online dating
- Completing the personality test can be time-consuming: While filling out the questionnaire on EliteSingles, I timed myself. It took me a full 45 minutes to put thought behind my choices and answer each question honestly. Anyone who’s short on time may not want to invest almost an hour into a website before ever seeing a single match.
- Matches come to you: Unlike other dating sites, EliteSingles doesn’t force you to spend endless hours scrolling and matching. Instead, EliteSingles delivers five to seven matches to your inbox per day. If you don’t like any of them, you have to wait until the next day for more matches. If you’re accustomed to accessing thousands of profiles options at any given time, this can be frustrating. Swipe happy people beware. This method of receiving curated options can, however, force members to consider each suggestion with more thought than they usually would. Think of it like paying for a high-end matchmaker. She will send you a small list of very carefully selected matches to consider.
Listen to this Like a Mother with Emma Johnson interview with Millionaire Matchmaker Patti Stanger, on dating as a successful single woman:
EliteSingles vs. eharmony
While both eharmony and Elite Singles offer extensive personality questionnaires to gauge your compatibility with potential matches, there are subtle differences between the two:
- While Elite Singles’ introductory quiz is much more extensive, eharmony’s questions are psychology-based.
- eharmony has a video dating feature, which is very useful during pandemics and beyond, and consistent with being a technological leader in the dating space.
- Both eharmony and Elite Singles are very safe and vet each profile, though eharmony checks to make sure members are not married.
- eharmony has been in the U.S. market for more than 20 years, and has great brand recognition, which means more people are on their dating site. More people = more potential matches.
- eharmony offers a 3 months free guarantee, and a 25% discount with code WSM25.
Both eharmony and Elite Singles have Better Business Bureau ratings of A+.
The subscription options are different.
Elite Singles prices range from $31.95 per month to $57.95 per month.
eharmony prices start at $23 per month.
|Method||200-point personality test, dating preference profile, and free personality report.||150-point personality test and personality profile.|
|Connection||Serious, long-term, committed relationships.||Serious, long-term, committed relationships.|
|Typical user||90% are aged 30+,|
82% have college degrees
|Average age: 30|
|Price||Free basic account: $0|
3-month membership: $57.95/mo
6-month membership: $44.95/mo
12-month membership: $31.95/mo
Free basic account: $0
6-month membership: $42.84/mo
12-month membership: $29.84/mo
24-month membership: $23.34/mo
25% discount with code WSM25
|Security||SLL-encrypted site, each member is verified by a human.||All members must prove who they are, and site has been known to close accounts if they find the member is married, lies about themselves or otherwise violates eharmony's code of conduct.|
|Apps?||iOs and Android||iOs and Android|
|Cool features||Free basic membership.|
Free personality report.
No need to endlessly scroll, as EliteSingles chooses matches for you.
|“Quick Questions” option allows users to select questions they would most like matches to answer.|
Detailed personality profile.
The verdict? Both eHarmony and Elite Singles are quality dating sites, but eHarmony wins for brand and technology strength. Plus, they check to make sure members are not married = golden.
Elite Singles vs. Match.com
While Elite Singles is a newer site focused on serious, long-term relationships and marriage for educated singles aged 30+, Match.com is one of the more established sites, with far more users, but a more general dating base of all ages, education levels, and different dating goals — including hookups, casual sex, casual dating — as well as serious relationships.
Elite Singles has a lengthly intake process, including a 200-point questionaire, while Match.com takes just a few minutes to connect. As far as communication tools and app functionality, Match is more advanced.
Elite Singles vs. Zoosk
Zoosk, with its claim of 35 million users globally, is a similar Elite Singles comparison as Match.com — Zoosk is a general melting pot of daters, while Elite Singles is specifically for serious daters looking for partners who are also older than age 30, educated and looking for love.
Zoosk is much less expensive, however, at $12.49/month to start.
Elite Singles vs. The League
The League has positioned itself as an exclusive club for ambitious, professionally successful people that only accepts 20% to 30% of applicants who pay between $29 and $999 per month for various levels of membership. What do you get for nearly $1,000 month on a dating site? This level is closer to a matchmaking service with custom introductions and access to members' stats.
Features include being emailed between 5 and 7 matches per day (based on your membership level), access to League Live parties where you can meet via video hangout.
To apply, The League requires you connect with Facebook and LinkedIn, and fill out a basic profile with a photo. The site claims to accept a wide variety of professions, educations, ages and ethnicities.
The League's marketing suggests that those who are accepted are eagerly checking the statuses of their applications and referring friends — suggesting they are serious about joining and dating.
Niche dating on EliteSingles
Elite Singles appears to be LGBT friendly, and will potentially match LGBT singles based on their personality test.
Tried Christian Mingle but didn’t love it? Don’t be discouraged as EliteSingles devotes a portion of their website to Christian Dating — 67% of members identify as Christian.
Those looking for a connection over the age of 50 will not feel left out on EliteSingles, as the average age holding at 45+.
EliteSingles recognizes dating by race, with its Black dating and Asian dating content. Still, in the vein of their gay and lesbian dating sub-sites, the information the site offers to those interested in dating members of a specific race doesn’t stray too far from their main site, so I don’t feel comfortable recommending it for this purpose by itself.
Elite Singles success stories
Should I pay for Elite Singles?
While the free trial gives you a taste of what EliteSingles offers, that can be worth a look, but you have to pay to get in touch with other members. In other words, if you want any real traction with Elite Singles (or any other dating site, for that matter), you likely have to pay to play.
The bottom line: Elite Singles success rate
While Elite Singles seems to be a quality site aimed at connecting serious daters for serious relationships, eHarmony offers superior technology, a 3-month free guarantee, video dating, and a much larger base of daters to increase your chances of dating success.
Stacey Freeman has been published in The Washington Post, Entrepreneur, Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, Woman’s Day, Town & Country, Yahoo!, HuffPost, Popsugar and Worthy. She has been quoted in The New York Times, HuffPost, and SheKnows, to name a few. She is also a single mom of three amazing kids. For more information about Stacey, visit www.writeontrackllc.com.