Please check out my post “10 Financial Steps to a Rich Life as a Single Mom“ on Ms. Single Mama.
The story of how this post came to be is a sweet, serendipitous one:
I’d been talking and thinking about this blog for a long time, but was busy with the rest of my life. Then a few weeks ago I got motivated (thanks in part to new-found time on my hands, courtesy of breaking up with my boyfriend), bought this URL, did a quick Google search for other single mom sites, then noticed that the giant BlogHer conference was in New York, where I happen to live. I had no excuse not to go, so I bought a pass, put on my black Cole Hahn wedges and headed out.
I was in a foul mood that day — 48 hours post-breakup and with little to chat about with other bloggers since I hadn’t yet written a single post. For the first two hours I talked to no one, wandered around, and pouted.
Then I noticed a woman who looked familiar. During my half-assed “research” about other bloggers one of the top single mom sites caught my eye, Ms. Single Mama. The blogger, Alaina Shearer, was a smart, funny, foxy woman who was also a successful entrepreneur. I liked what she had to say.
So there, out of 5,000 women bloggers, how do I happen to notice Alaina? And after I introduced myself, how lucky was I that she suggested I join her at the hotel’s bar where we threw back a couple of stiff ones, and she told me everything I need to know about the single mom blogging community, SEO and life in general? Yeah, pretty fortunate indeed.
That evening I went home, got this site into shape, and wrote my first post.
This week Alaina graciously introduced me to her readers by posting my “10 Financial Steps to a Rich Life as a Single Mom.” Please check it out here.
- Best cars for single moms (wealthysinglemommy.com)
- My single mother made bad decisions because she was poor (wealthysinglemommy.com)
- Are you a SMILF? (wealthysinglemommy.com)
- I might be a single mom but I can still look fabulous! (voluptuousliving.wordpress.com)
- 5 things to consider when dating a single mom (missaleck.com)
- Katie Holmes “Overwhelmed” With Life As “Single Mom”? (gossipcop.com)
- Google+ Widens Rollout of Custom URLs (mashable.com)
- $#!T you should never say to a single mom (wealthysinglemommy.com)
- Free dinner for single moms? (wealthysinglemommy.com)
- Study: Nearly two-thirds of working single moms own life insurance (insurance.com)