Mama, you know you need life insurance — but likely do not have it yet (or don’t have enough).
Here are common reasons women fail to have life insurance coverage:
- Too expensive (or assume it is too expensive)
- Too time-consuming to apply (meeting with an agent, medical exams — ain’t nobody got time for that!)
- Not sure you need it — especially if you are a stay-at-home mom, single mom, or low-income
- Unsure of the future — locking into a 15- or 30-year policy when you’re not sure what you work/relationship/living situation will be next month is overwhelming.
- Overwhelmed by choices — all life insurance companies can seem the same. How do you choose one?
- Not sure life insurance is even worth it (pro tip: It is. Even if you never need it (of course we all hope we never need it!), just knowing that you have life insurance to help care for your kids — lessening the burden on anyone else — is worth every penny of any life insurance policy you buy).
Bestow guarantees no medical exam, and prices start at less than $5/month, for a $50,000, 2-year policy. Get a life insurance quote now from Bestow.
I’ve written a lot about life insurance, and summarize some of the best, easiest-to-use and most affordable life insurance companies for single moms. You are right: most are more or less the same.
But I recently met a company that blew me away as being a truly different life insurance company.
Bestow life insurance policies stand out in 3 important ways:
No medical exam ever.
Say what? I said to their product team. Yes, indeed. Bestow life insurance guarantees no medical exam, no doctor visit, or blood test. Too busy for that nonsense? No problem.
Very, very affordable.
Prices start under $5 per month, for a $50,000, 2-year policy for a healthy 30-year-old non-smoker. Get a life insurance quote now from Bestow.
Short-term, flexible policies… if you’re not ready to commit but want to get covered today
Plans start at 2-years (which doesn’t prohibit you from applying for another longer-term policy at a later date), as well as larger 10- and 20-year plans.
How much does life insurance from Bestow cost?
Some sample Bestow life insurance quotes for healthy, 30-year-old non-smokers:
$3 / month, 2 years, $50,000
$12 / months, 2 years, $250,000
$14/ month, 20 years, $250,000
$34 / month, 20 years, $1 million
This sort of pricing and terms are excellent for moms who may be in all kinds of transitions:
- Going through a divorce or breakup
- Leaving a job
- Starting a business
- Between jobs
- Kids aging out of the house — you may actually only need life insurance for a few more years
Sound too good to be true? See for yourself and get a free quote in 5 minutes from Bestow now.
How much life insurance do I need?
A general rule of thumb is to buy 10x your annual salary. So, if you earn $50,000 per year, you should buy $500,000 in coverage, for at least as long as you expect to have people dependent on you.
Of course, this is not a hard rule. Each family has different needs, and
Is Bestow a legit new startup?
Short answer: Yes.
Bestow life insurance ratings are strong, as are Bestow life insurance reviews.
While Bestow was founded in 2017, policies are issued by North American Company for Life and Health Insurance, a carrier rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best that was founded in 1886.
What is the application process at Bestow?
- Apply online here. It usually takes 5 minutes.
- Chose a plan.
- 2, 10 and 20 years.
- Coverage from $50,000 to $1 million
- If you’re approved, pay with credit card.
- Sleep great.
No sales calls. No medical exams or blood tests. No one visiting your home or work.
Who qualifies for one of these awesome Bestow life insurnce plans?
Bestow life insurance requires you be:
- A U.S. citizen and resident
- Employed, full-time stay-at-home parent, or student
- Generally healthy
- Between the ages of 21-45 for 20-year term life
- Between the ages of 21-55 for 2-year/10-year term life
Bestow life insurance will not cover you if you have one of the following health conditions: heart disease, stroke, cancer (except basal and squamous cell skin cancer), organ transplant, diabetes before 40 (except gestational diabetes), alcohol and drug abuse, HIV, or kidney disease requiring dialysis, as well as other health issues. Check with Bestow to see if you are eligible by obtaining a free life insurance quote online now.
What does life insurance cover?
Just like most term life insurance policies, life insurance offered by Bestow will help your family financially when you die. It is intended to provide help to your loved ones when they can't rely on your salary or income any longer. The payout can be used to pay for your kids’ child care, college, daily care, to pay off any of your debts (including mortgage), or support their lives financially.
Is life insurance taxed?
No. This is a common question, and the answer is that life insurance offered by Bestow or any other life insurance is not taxable. What your beneficiaries receive is what they receive!
Bestow life insurance quotes
Bestow stands out with its short-term, very low-cost policies starting at $3 per month. Also, the promise you will never have to go through an embarrassing, and time-consuming medical exam.
Some sample Bestow life insurance plans for healthy, 30-year-old non-smokers:
- $12 / months, 2 years, $250,000
- $14/ month, 20 years, $250,000
- $34 / month, 20 years, $1 million
Bestow life insurance policies are issued by North American Company for Life and Health Insurance, which is rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best that was founded in 1886.
Get a life insurance quote from Bestow now. Takes 5 minutes!
Is Bestow any better than other insurers?
Here is what life insurance companies don't want you to know: Life insurance is all pretty much the same, but packaged in different boxes.
Bestow and its competitors like Ethos and Haven Life are all backed by reputable, highly rated older life insurance companies. Each one will give you a slightly different price and terms, and and offer different experience on their website, app or with an agent.
Bestow does stand out for two reasons:
- Bestow guarantees that its life insurance customers never go through a medical exam. This is pretty remarkable, but it is possible because Bestow vets applicants for health concerns that would otherwise warrant a medical exam.
- Bestow does offer unique terms like 2- and 5-year packages starting at $5 per month. That is very unusual.
Bestow life insurance vs. Ethos life insurance
Both Bestow and Ethos have excellent, legit life insurance, with easy-to-use websites that provide quick quotes online. Read more about Ethos:
However, Ethos may require applicants get a medical exam, and terms typically start at 10 years or more.
Bestow life insurance vs. Haven Life life insurance
Haven Life is, again, a great life insurance carrier that may offer the rate and terms that work for your family. Their site is safe, quick and easy to navigate. Learn more about Haven Life and get a fast, free quote here.
Bestow life insurance review: The bottom line
Bestow life insurance offers legitimate, quality, affordable coverage. The website is easy to use. Bestow stands out in the competitive field of life insurance with its no medical exam guarantee, as well as short-term policies (if you prefer) of 2 or 5 years, for as little as $5 per month.
Emma Johnson is an award-winning business journalist, noted blogger, and bestselling author. A former Associated Press Financial Wire reporter and MSN Money columnist, Emma has written for the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Glamour, Oprah.com, U.S. News, Parenting, USA Today and others. Her #1 bestseller, The Kickass Single Mom (Penguin), was named to the New York Post's ‘Must Read” list.
Emma regularly comments on issues of modern families, gender equality, divorce, sex and motherhood for outlets like CNN, Headline News, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fox & Friends, CNBC, NPR, TIME, MONEY, O, The Oprah Magazine and The Doctors. She was named Parents magazine’s “Best of the Web,” “Top 15 Personal Finance Podcasts” by U.S. News, and a “Most Eligible New Yorker” by New York Observer.