I’m very proud to partner with LegalZoom to create this episode of Like a Mother. So many followers have asked me about wills and trusts, which are such an important part of finances and life. Astonishingly, 55 percent of Americans don’t have a will. LegalZoom is offering Like a Mother listeners $10 off their already discounted prices for estate planning products. Just head to this link for wills, trusts, and other estate planning products, and enter Emma10 promo code.
In this episode, LegalZoom’s Laura Goldberg joins me to answer listeners’ questions about how to get a will online:
- Why a will is so, so important.
- The expensive, heart-wrenching process that your loved ones face if you don’t have a will.
- How to have those difficult conversations, like guardianship of your kids in the event of your death, with loved ones.
- The difference between a will and trust.
- Why even very poor people need a will.
- The cheapest, easiest, and most personal way to get a will today.
- What you can learn from Price about the importance of legally securing your legacy.
- What single parents need to know about estate planning.
- The stress relief of creating a will (you know you should do it, but feel guilty / bad for not!)
- Why a living will is one of the most loving gifts you can give people you care about most.
Have a listen, and head to LegalZoom’s estate planning tools to take advantage of this limited-time $10 discount for Like a Mother listeners. Remember to enter promo code Emma10.
Share your experience: Did someone in your life pass away without a will? How did that affect their loved ones? Or, did a properly-executed will save a family heartache, expense, and time? Share in the comments below!