Yes, it is true: Rich women have issues, too. Molly Ward, CFP, should know. One of the most successful financial advisors in the country and a single mom, Molly is one of those rich single women.
Molly was raised in one of the most affluent families of Houston, the granddaughter of the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, whose Depression Era work ethic and humble values Molly assumed — even if she was expected to be a housewife and stay-at-home mom.
Fast-forward to today, and Molly is just one of five members (out of 5,000 of her peers, and the only woman) of the global financial services firm AXA’s Elite Producer Group Steering Committee Board. Translation: She is a badass. She is also a passionate divorced mom of three whose practice, Well Lived Wealth, helps affluent women (with investible assets of more than $2 million, or annual income of at least $1 million), navigate the fears and fears of having money as an unpartnered woman.
In this Like a Mother episode, Molly shares:
- Why so many successful women with thriving businesses are lousy with their personal finances.
- The secret to how Molly finds guilt-free time to be a very engaged single mom who rides bikes to school each morning with her grade-school aged son and the neighborhood kids, hosts Fajita Fridays weekly (margaritas served at 5 p.m. sharp!), maintains an intense fitness routine (17-mile paddle boarding, anyone?), prioritizes volunteering, and leads an enviable dating life.
- How affluent moms can avoid raising children who are spoiled brats (Molly’s teenagers drive older, non-luxury cars, work part-time jobs, have daily chores and are required to pay for their own travel programs).
- Molly’s advice to financially independent women worried about attracting men who are mooches — or scaring off men intimidated their money.
- How to get over your fear of being broke (which is far more common in affluent women than you may guess).
Learn more about Molly, and how you can work with her, at WellLivedWealth.com.
Listen to other, recent Like a Mother episodes:
Never miss an offer or update.
Just pop in your name and email and be the first to find out what WealthySingleMommy is up to!
No B.S. I will never sell your contact info.