Lizanne Falsetto, 52, last month sold her protein bar company, ThinkThin, for $217 million.
In this Lizanne Falsetto interview, we dish about:
- Her darkest moment, while going through divorce, facing business bankruptcy when the Atkins craze tanked and her dad died — and how she pushed through.
- Why this former model stayed in the background as she built her empire.
- Her feelings about not having a college degree.
- What her big, Italian family's food tradition taught her about business, family and life.
- Why wearing pink panties is critical to her professional and romantic success.
- How she balanced entrepreneurship with single motherhood on a daily basis.
- What she teaches her teenagers today about business and money.
- How she attracted the alpha male who is her long-time romantic partner.
- Why she describes herself as a “warrior woman.”
- What's next
Emma Johnson is a veteran money journalist, noted blogger, bestselling author and an host of the award-winning podcast, Like a Mother with Emma Johnson. A former Associated Press Financial Wire reporter and MSN Money columnist, Emma has written for the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Glamour, Oprah.com, U.S. News, Parenting, USA Today and others. Her #1 bestseller, The Kickass Single Mom (Penguin), was named to the New York Post's ‘Must Read” list.
Emma regularly comments on issues of modern families, gender equality, divorce, sex and motherhood for outlets like CNN, Headline News, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fox & Friends, CNBC, NPR, TIME, MONEY, O, The Oprah Magazine and The Doctors. She was named Parents magazine’s “Best of the Web,” “Top 15 Personal Finance Podcasts” by U.S. News, and a “Most Eligible New Yorker” by New York Observer.
A popular speaker, Emma presented at the United Nations Summit for Gender Equality. Read more about Emma here.