Lizanne Falsetto, 52, last month sold her protein bar company, ThinkThin, for $217 million.
In this Lizanne Falsetto interview, we dish about:
- Her darkest moment, while going through divorce, facing business bankruptcy when the Atkins craze tanked and her dad died — and how she pushed through.
- Why this former model stayed in the background as she built her empire.
- Her feelings about not having a college degree.
- What her big, Italian family’s food tradition taught her about business, family and life.
- Why wearing pink panties is critical to her professional and romantic success.
- How she balanced entrepreneurship with single motherhood on a daily basis.
- What she teaches her teenagers today about business and money.
- How she attracted the alpha male who is her long-time romantic partner.
- Why she describes herself as a “warrior woman.”
- What’s next
Emma Johnson is a veteran money writer, noted blogger, bestselling author and an host of the award-winning podcast, Like a Mother with Emma Johnson. A former Associated Press Financial Wire reporter and MSN Money columnist, Emma has written for the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Glamour, Oprah.com, REAL SIMPLE, Parenting, USA Today and others.
The Kickass Single Mom: Be Financially Independent, Discover Your Sexiest Self, and Raise Fabulous, Happy Children (Penguin, 2017), was a #1 bestseller and was featured in hundreds of media, including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fox & Friends, Oprah.com and the New York Post, which named it to its ‘Must Read” list.
Her popular blog Wealthysinglemommy.com, and podcast Like a Mother, explore issues facing professional single moms: business and career, money, sex, relationships and parenting. Emma regularly comments on these topics for outlets such as CNN, Headline News, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fox & Friends, CNBC, NPR, TIME, MONEY, O, The Oprah Magazine, Woman’s Day, The Doctors, and many more. She was named Parents magazine’s “Best of the Web,” one of “20 Personal Finance Influencers to Follow on Twitter” by AOL DailyFinance, “Top 15 Personal Finance Podcasts” by U.S. News, and “Most Eligible New Yorkers” by New York Observer.
A popular speaker on gender equality, Emma presented at the United Nations Summit for Gender Equality.
Emma grew up in Sycamore, Ill., and lives in New York City with her children.