Jean Chatzky is a personal financial journalist, bestselling author of eight books and financial editor for NBC’s Today Show. Here we talk about”
- Focus on earning vs. skimping – especially for women. “Your financial life doesn’t work how much you save, if you’re not bringing in money.”
- “I enjoy earning money, it makes me feel safe, confident and independent.”
- Why she wished her latest book was entitled “Don’t Bitch, Get Rich.”
- Her new book, Age Proof about living until 100 without going broke.
- The incredible toxic power of financial stress, your physical, emotional health.
- Why you don’t have to be wealthy, but a regular, consistent saver to build a healthy lifestyle and secure future.
- Women really have much higher stakes when it comes to money: we earn less, live longer, are more likely to be responsible for raising children and caring for older relatives.
- It doesn’t need to take a ton of time to manage your finances in a powerful way.
- The prevalence of women choosing to not be involved in family finances, having no idea about where the money is, what accounts are open, which are in their name, their spouse’s income.
- The big fallout of not being financially astute for married women. “You need to be able to go out and buy a cup of coffee or shoes without asking permission. That is the way adult people function in the world.”
- Jean’s top 3 tips for women seeking financial independence.
Check out Jean Chatzky’s podcast Her Money here.
Jean’s blog here.
Or her books on Amazon here.
About Like a Mother
Celebrities, bestsellers, turd-stirrers, advocates, everyday people with amazing stories, and call-in guests to discuss what smart moms really care about: Career, money, business, parenting, feminism, dating, sex, success, love and relationships.
“Top 15 Personal Finance Podcasts” —U.S. News