You know that I’m no fan of spending lots of time or energy on saving money, budgets or discounts. After all, your time is far better spent investing in your career or business and earning, than clipping coupons.
But I love me a good deal, and I love when earning money is easy. Sign me up!
That is why I’m a big fan of Upromise. This site gives you amazing cash-back rewards for shopping, and makes it super-easy to invest those rewards into saving for you or your kids’ college — now or in the future — paying off student debt, or just get the hard cash in your hands.
As for the easy part:
- Sign up for a free account at Upromise.com.
- Register your credit or debit card with the account.
- When shopping online, head to your Upromise account, search for your favorite online retailer, and make your purchase.
- Upromise members earn up to 5% cash back when you shop Upromise There are 850 online retailers including big ones like Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, and so many more. Easy!
- For Orbitz, the reward is up to 6% cash back.
- Love to eat out? There are also more than 10,000 Upromise restaurant partners that generate 5% cash back.
- Opt for a Upromise MasterCard and earn an additional 5%. And with Orbitz, earn up to 6% cash back. For example: Book a $500 hotel stay with your kids, or for a business trip through Orbitz, you would earn $30 from Upromise. Use your Upromise Mastercard, earn another $25, for a total of $55. For one freaking trip!
- Cash earned can be invested in a 529 college savings plan, used to pay down an eligible student loan, transferred into a Upromise GoalSaver account, or withdrawn by check.
- Ask everyone who loves you and your kid to join in. Through Upromise, invite grandparents, aunts, uncles, godparents, friends to join in your saving and investing goals. Through that email invite, they can sign up and designate a portion of their earnings to your accounts. Bam! This is no longer all on you. Your village supports you!
I’m a fan of Upromise because the savings are so high, and the process is so easy. Plus, it is a great way to force yourself into meeting your savings and investing goals since you can automate where that earned cash goes — unlike other cash-back programs that just dump the proceeds into your account, where you are likely to spend it, willy-nilly.
Plus, this organization is the real deal. They’re part of the Sallie Mae, and have given $900 million in cash back over the years. Not shabby!
New Upromise members can earn a $20 bonus after your first purchase just for joining the Upromise college savings program through a current member’s referral link. Join here!
Never miss an offer or update.
Just pop in your name and email and be the first to find out what WealthySingleMommy is up to!
No B.S. I will never sell your contact info.