No matter what stage of life you’re in, it’s common to go through ups and downs. But you don’t have to face it alone, nor do you have to rearrange your life to get the help you need. The convenience of meeting with a therapist through Online-Therapy.com can be life-changing. Rather than taking time out of your busy life to drive to a stuffy therapist’s office, pay a large fee out-of-pocket, and worry that your friends will see you walk into the office, an online therapist can meet you wherever you are — anonymously and affordably.
If you’re looking for top online therapy sites, you’ve come to the right place.
Here’s a rundown of Online-Therapy.com to help you decide if this quality app / website is right for you.
- What is Online-Therapy.com?
- Is Online-Therapy.com legit?
- Does Online-Therapy.com have an app for therapy?
- How does Online-Therapy.com work?
- Can Online-Therapy.com prescribe medication?
- Does Online-Therapy.com cost money?
- Does Online-Therapy.com offer free online therapy?
- Is Online-Therapy.com covered by insurance?
- Is Online-Therapy.com worth it?
What is Online-Therapy.com?
Focusing on long-term solutions for mental well-being, Online-Therapy.com offers remote-therapy services, using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques. CBD is a widely recognized method of treating a wide array of mental health issues like depression, anxiety, eating disorders, chronic pain, PTSD, and grief, by helping the client recognize and change their behavior and thought-processes.
This psychotherapeutic approach teaches you to change your thoughts and create new behavior pathways — changing their lives and overall happiness in the process.
CBD is rooted in decades of well-documented research, and is popular for both its proven effectiveness, as well as how quickly it can work. From the National Institutes of Health: Why Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is the Gold Standard of Psychotherapy.
Online-Therapy.com provides a complete toolbox of resources built on the success of CBD:
- An online, self-directed, 8-module Cognitive Behavioral Therapy course
- Worksheets — with daily feedback from your personal therapist
- Live chat, video or phone sessions with your personal certified and licensed therapist
- Action plan — where you add activities that bring meaning and joy to your life
- Meditation videos
- Yoga videos
Is Online-Therapy.com legit?
Online-Therapy.com is a legit company. The company started in 2009, and the thousands of online reviews are positive. Their team of therapists includes board-certified psychiatrists, licensed clinical psychologists, and professional counselors with degrees from esteemed institutions.
The Online-Therapy.com site is secure, you can choose to remain anonymous with your therapist, and if your counselor is not a fit, you can switch any time.
Further, you can cancel your membership whenever you like, and enjoy an initial 14-day money-back guarantee.
Does Online-Therapy.com have an app for therapy?
Yes! You can download the Online-Therapy.com app at the Google Play and iTunes/Apple stores. From there, you can create an account, and engage in every element of the toolbox, including chats, messages and phone and video sessions with your personal therapist.
Online-Therapy.com's website and app are designed to be user-friendly for every level of comfort with technology. Check out Online-Therapy.com now, and get 20% off (no discount code needed) >>
How does Online-Therapy.com work? How to get started ….
How to schedule a therapy appointment with Online-therapy.com
- Go to Online-Therapy.com. From there you create an account, and set up payment by credit card or Paypal.
- You will be assigned a personal therapist who is your partner throughout this process. Schedule your first 30-minute chat, video or call — your choice.
- You can get to work on the first of the 8 CBT sections right away. Within these modules — which are available by video, audio or text — you can ask questions and interact with your therapist, who will also give feedback to the corresponding worksheets daily Monday-Friday.
- You also have 24/7 access to the video and guided meditation and yoga videos, as well as the journal and action plan.
- Continue to work through the sections at your own pace, and schedule live sessions weekly with your therapist at a time that works for you. Remember: You can conduct the sessions through the Online-Therapy.com app, which you can do from your car, office, or any other place you have cell service.
- Remember that even though your one-on-one live therapy sessions are schedule, you can message unlimited.
Can Online-Therapy.com prescribe medication?
Therapists at Online-Therapy.com do not prescribe medication, nor do they have same-day or scheduled psychiatry appointments.
The site, however, does employ board-certified psychiatrist to consult with the business, including Steven Gans, MD is an assistant clinical professor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
Does Online-Therapy.com cost money?
Online-Therapy.com pricing is straightforward. With three different subscription plans starting at $39.95 per week with 20% off), your sessions will likely cost less than traditional face-to-face counseling — which typically range in price from $70 per hour, to more than $250 per hour.
Each of the three tiers use a secure platform to protect your personal information. If you change your mind after you sign up, upgrading or canceling is easy to do.
Online-Therapy.com's price plans:
- Basic $31.96 / week – Includes eight sections and 25 worksheets to walk you through your specific needs. Your therapist will give you feedback daily, Monday through Friday.
- Standard $47.96 / week – Daily input from your therapist on the eight sections and the 25 worksheets. You’ll also have messaging support and a live chat session every week.
- Premium $63.96 / week – This plan comes with the standard eight sections, 25 worksheets, and daily therapist feedback. You’ll get two live chat sessions each week with your therapist, plus messaging support and express replies.
Does Online-Therapy.com offer free online therapy?
No, Online-Therapy.com does not offer free online counseling — but it does provide a 14-day money-back guarantee, as long as you complete all of the worksheets and sessions as scheduled.
However, online therapy app BetterHelp does provide free online therapy for 7 days. Check out BetterHelp now >>
|Online Therapy||Live Session||Cost/week|
Secure and confidential platform
|No live chat sessions||$39.95|
Secure and confidential platform
|1 live chat session/week||$59.95|
Secure and confidential platform
|2 live chat sessions/weel||$79.95|
Is Online-Therapy.com covered by insurance?
Some insurance providers, like Blue Cross Blue Shield, offer virtual therapy as a covered treatment option.
However, Online-Therapy.com doesn’t directly bill your insurance.
If it’s a treatment that your plan covers, reach out to your provider to ask about reimbursement options. Often, the insurance company will reimburse you for all or at least some of your out-of-pocket costs if you submit an itemized receipt.
Is Online-Therapy.com worth it?
Online-Therapy.com is a high value when compared with traditional, face-to-face therapy, as well as other online therapy apps.
Online-Therapy.com benefits include:
- Weekly live therapy sessions
- Online Cognitive Behavioral Therapy course, with worksheets and daily feedback from your therapist
- Affordable, low price
- Secure website, and option for anonymous interaction
If you prefer an online therapy experience that is closer to traditional counseling sessions, BetterHelp is worth exploring. BetterHelp benefits include:
- Free 7-day trial
- Better Business Bureau A+ rating
- 6,000+ certified and licensed therapists
- All BetterHelp counselors have at least a Master's or Doctorate degree
- If you prefer a therapy method other than CBT, such as person-centered therapy, or client-centered therapy, BetterHelp has a much wider range of approaches and specialties.
- Prices starting at $40/week for unlimited text, video, phone or messaging sessions
How to get started with Online-Therapy.com
With Online-Therapy.com, getting started is simple. Signing up for an account only takes a few minutes. Once your initial payment with credit, debit, or PayPal goes through, you’ll have full access to the online therapy plan you selected.
Wealthysinglemommy.com founder Emma Johnson is an award-winning business journalist, activist and author. A former Associated Press reporter and MSN Money columnist, Emma has appeared on CNBC, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, NPR, TIME, The Doctors, MONEY, O, The Oprah Magazine. Winner of Parents magazine’s “Best of the Web” and a New York Observer “Most Eligible New Yorker,” her #1 bestseller, The Kickass Single Mom (Penguin), was a New York Post Must Read. A popular speaker, Emma presented at the United Nations Summit for Gender Equality. Emma's Top Single Mom Resources.