Insider secret: Even the most poised, gorgeous, successful people are shitting their pants, all day long.
So if you feel a little fat, a bit unsure of yourself, a tad — or a lot! — inadequate … join the effing club mama!
In this episode I elaborate on these tricks I’ve cultivated over the years …
- Give yourself a compliment on your appearance. Every. Single. Day.
- Give yourself a compliment on YOURSELF every single day.
- Read my Feel too fat to find great sex? Shut up and read these 3 things …
- Dress up and look your best every single day.
- Fake it till you make it.
- Note someone in your life who walks about as if they are confident and sexy all the time.
- Before you walk into a bar or club, I tell yourself: ‘You are the hottest woman in there.’ If you believe it, men then do, too.
- Have sex with yourself all the time.
- Think to times you adored another person’s body, in all its human splendor, because you adored him. You and your human body are just as lovable, too.
What do you do to feel sexy and confident? Share in the comments!
Emma Johnson is a veteran money journalist, noted blogger, bestselling author and an host of the award-winning podcast, Like a Mother with Emma Johnson. A former Associated Press Financial Wire reporter and MSN Money columnist, Emma has written for the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Glamour, Oprah.com, U.S. News, Parenting, USA Today and others. Her #1 bestseller, The Kickass Single Mom (Penguin), was named to the New York Post’s ‘Must Read” list.
Emma regularly comments on issues of modern families, gender equality, divorce, sex and motherhood for outlets like CNN, Headline News, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fox & Friends, CNBC, NPR, TIME, MONEY, O, The Oprah Magazine and The Doctors. She was named Parents magazine’s “Best of the Web,” “Top 15 Personal Finance Podcasts” by U.S. News, and a “Most Eligible New Yorker” by New York Observer.
A popular speaker, Emma presented at the United Nations Summit for Gender Equality. Read more about Emma here.