In this episode Tara Averill shares her inspiration for founding Splitsville.com, a site and community dedicated to normalizing and exploring all the ways people couple and uncouple — and how to do it better.
We dig into the realities of how messy, complicated, wonderful and unchartered these territories are. I share about how we met (I went on an OKCupid date with her ex-husband, google-staked her and was intimidated by this gorgeous woman), what we will tell our daughters about marriage, commitment and sex, and … Are these really just white people problems?
In this episode I we discuss:
- Divorce is NORMAL. Is that good or bad?
- Romantic love — does it die or fade?
- How messed up it is that we’re expected to play with our kids all the time.
- Is it OK to prioritize your sexuality as a single mom?
- Is marriage obsolete?
- What does a happy relationship look like?
- What is the endgame of the divorce revolution?