“Divorcee is a fact of life, and I've seen divorce be a dark time in a woman's life. I've also see women go on to find themselves and really shine.”
My friend Russ Thornton, the founder of Wealthcare for Women, a financial advisory focused on divorced women. He's seen it all!
- Why every person in a marriage has to know all about all the money, all the time — no matter how things have always been done.
- “Women cannot afford to sit back and stick their heads in the sand or up their asses and just hope and pray things will work out.”
- Why the most affluent families often have the nastiest skeletons in their pretty closets.
- The nitty-gritty on life insurance, wills, retirement and budgeting post-divorce.
- “Do not rely on anyone to take care of your financially.”
Emma Johnson is a veteran money journalist, noted blogger, bestselling author and an host of the award-winning podcast, Like a Mother with Emma Johnson. A former Associated Press Financial Wire reporter and MSN Money columnist, Emma has written for the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Glamour, Oprah.com, U.S. News, Parenting, USA Today and others. Her #1 bestseller, The Kickass Single Mom (Penguin), was named to the New York Post's ‘Must Read” list.
Emma regularly comments on issues of modern families, gender equality, divorce, sex and motherhood for outlets like CNN, Headline News, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fox & Friends, CNBC, NPR, TIME, MONEY, O, The Oprah Magazine and The Doctors. She was named Parents magazine’s “Best of the Web,” “Top 15 Personal Finance Podcasts” by U.S. News, and a “Most Eligible New Yorker” by New York Observer.