You know I love to interview amazing people on my podcast and in my posts. But I also love to be INTERVIEWED by amazing people on THEIR podcasts! Here, Ellen Sirull (soon-to-be new mom) and Aubrey Singer (divorced dad), of credit bureau Experian interviewed me at FinCon15 in September about being a single mom making money. We explore:
- How and why I started blogging.
- What motivates me to serve unmarried moms.
- What this country really needs to do support working parents (not just single moms!).
- What my trip to Denmark taught me about the possibilities of state support for human parents.
- That single parent families can and do thrive every single day of the week.
- The reality that my life is often a raging shit-show, and that is OK.
While we were chatting, the incredible visual illustrator Kelly Kingman of Kingman Ink was creating the illustration above. Isn't that the COOLEST?!
Emma Johnson is a veteran money journalist, noted blogger, bestselling author and an host of the award-winning podcast, Like a Mother with Emma Johnson. A former Associated Press Financial Wire reporter and MSN Money columnist, Emma has written for the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Glamour, Oprah.com, U.S. News, Parenting, USA Today and others. Her #1 bestseller, The Kickass Single Mom (Penguin), was named to the New York Post's ‘Must Read” list.
Emma regularly comments on issues of modern families, gender equality, divorce, sex and motherhood for outlets like CNN, Headline News, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fox & Friends, CNBC, NPR, TIME, MONEY, O, The Oprah Magazine and The Doctors. She was named Parents magazine’s “Best of the Web,” “Top 15 Personal Finance Podcasts” by U.S. News, and a “Most Eligible New Yorker” by New York Observer.
A popular speaker, Emma presented at the United Nations Summit for Gender Equality. Read more about Emma here.