Whether you are obeying pandemic lockdown rules, too exhausted or broke to go out, are just hankering for a quiet night in, here are some fun at-home date night ideas from single moms who are enjoying themselves this year.
Maybe you're thinking about dating, hooking up or otherwise thinking about sex and/or romance. Here is our roundup of the best dating sites and apps for single parents that will meet all your needs [wink]. Our No. 1 rec for serious dating is eharmony, which promotes its video dating feature. Get started with a eharmony free trial now >>
An October 2020 survey of 2,000 singles by Basic Hard Seltzer found that almost half of the folks who participated in the survey said that they have continued dating in-person since the pandemic started. Only 22% were focused on virtual dates, and 33% were doing both.
1. Movie date night (or TV) and chill
Abagail: Wine and Wheel of Fortune.
Jane: Netflix and chill?
Mica: We order takeout and binge watch our favorite shows with bottle of wine…or rum…depending on the type of after party we're trying to have.
Amanda: Getting shit faced, drinking whisky and watching horror movies. Then fucking on the couch like a couple of teenagers.
Shay: Order in from an expensive restaurant, wine, candles, PAJAMAS, and movies all night. Also, an unlimited supply of junk food after the sex.
Elle: Fireplace lit, all the movie snacks, take turns massaging each other during the movie (which turns into a foreplay) and lots of sex after.
2. Making dinner together
Susanne: Fondue, first cheese, than broth and then chocolate fondue. Best way to enjoy each others company, eat food and have something to do the whole time without making it awkward.
Rachel: We love to have taco & margarita night where we make our our delicious tacos & creative margs. Also playing the app “Card Decks” while enjoying a charcuterie board!
Kimberly: Cook together while listening to some great music.
Sandra: Order HelloFresh and cook together.
Easy dinner ideas for two
3. Board games
Shira: Honestly? We’ve been doing: chess, sex, eat, rinse and repeat as necessary.
Staci: Twister in lingerie.
Alyssa: Settlers of Catan while imbibing (I always pick wine, he always picks bourbon), s'mores by the fire pit, movie that we both like but don't need to focus too much on since inevitably on our every-other-weekend date night in we take advantage of the alone time
Sarah: We had a great time playing Yahtzee and trash talking each other a few nights ago.
Best adult board games (2 player)
4. Date night card games
Ruth: We play gin rummy and the winner gets a massage and hand job in front of the fireplace.
5. Multiplayer video games
Melissa: Play old school video games and cook together.
6. Unsolved mysteries night
Kate: We are working on an Unsolved Case Files now! It’s pretty cool!! Takes a lot of time .
7. Dance and sing
Tomika: Cooking or ordering in, drinking wine, slow dancing and then, um, an adult combination of the three .
Kelli: Dance party (lasers, loud music, and questionable attire!), bonfire sometimes including cooking dinner over the fire, and adult-only games. Those are our go-to’s .
Catharine: Our new favorite is Karaoke ballad and rock battles…man to woman…
Teia: I love the classes at Airbnb.
Dionne: Making homemade candles! body painting! exercising and smoothies!
Holli: Pillow fort, wine, tablet to watch stream movies on, and snacks. Make sure to have extra pillows and blankets to snuggle in under the fort.
Lana: We make a fort in our living room, dragging the couch cushions onto the floor, a canopy with sheets and twinkle lights over our head, and watch movies all day/night. It’s instant romance.
Meredith: Sitting around our fire pit and drinking wine.
Kimberly: We have a pool table and dart board in our basement…. so we go down there and have competitions and have a fire pit …. hot dogs and s’mores ! Always a blast!
Laure: Our isn't necessarily home, but we go on free dates. We have Trek bikes and plenty of trails around us. We can load up a cooler, eat before or after our ride at a picnic area.
12. More at-home date ideas:
Elizabeth: “This has been my life this year!” Favorites:
- College drinking games: beer pong, flip cup
- Black tie night in: wear ballgown, tux, order in from the fanciest restaurant in your town:
- Take an online class together: We’ve done sangria-making with drag Queens in Spain, sip-n-paint, and a wine tasting
- DIY spa day: get nice massage oil and get the lighting and music good for massages and other spa treatments (with happy ending OBVI)
- Backyard or rooftop picnic
- DIY DJ dance party: come up with a list of themed songs (e.g. songs that remind you of high school, songs you’ve had sex to…)
- Go through the “36 questions to fall in love” from that famous NYT article
- Find an elaborate, amazing recipe and spend all day making it together (we did lasagna from scratch once and it was amaaaazing)
- Scenic drive together
- See how many times you can get each other off
- Learn something together: a dance, a skill, something you can learn in a single evening
- Online fitness classes
- Take turns reading short stories or poems out loud to each other…bonus points if they’re erotic (check out Dirty Pretty Things by Michael Faudet)