One of the big bummers about divorced families is that there are two houses. A favorite stuffed black puppy is often at the other parent’s home; homework hanging out at the wrong address, at the wrong time. Looking for your rainbow-striped socks? Probably at Daddy’s.
It can be heartbreaking to witness your children shuffle between two homes, which must sometimes feel like no home at all.
But the upside of co-parenting is that DADDY HAS A HOUSE! Here are 12 things that belong at Daddy’s house:
1. 87% of Halloween candy (minus the Butterfingers).
2. 89% of Easter candy (minus the malted chocolate eggs).
3. Any toy that makes a noise.
4. Any toy requiring batteries.
5. That tacky Ariel T-shirt your daughter WILL.NOT.STOP.WEARING.
6. Ditto the Lightening McQueen sneakers.
7. Children acting like dicks.
8. 92% of completed school work and projects.
9. Children, when you’ve just had enough.
10. The worn, dog-earned and taped-together copy of Katy Caboose. Because no rhyming book should be that long.
11. Children, when mommy has a date with that really sexy artist.
12. Children, every Wednesday evening and alternating weekends, as well as rotating holidays and two weeks in the summer and one week during winter break.
REMINDER: Plug in your email in the upper right-hand subscribe box. Don’t miss all the latest posts and news!