I first saw Cocoa Brown in Tyler Perry’s Single Mom’s Club, in which she plays a down-and-out mom with a husband and son in jail and struggling to find child care while she waited tables at the local diner.
In real life, Cocoa is a very real single mom of a 3-year-old, and she is killing it in her career as a standup comic and actress. Roles include Jennifer on Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse series on TBS, and the upcoming miniseries American Crime Story, in which Cocoa plays Queen Bee, a pivotal juror in the OJ Simpson trial.
In this hilarious interview, Cocoa shares her story about:
- Leaving corporate life to pursue standup comedy
- Breaking into Hollywood
- Dealing with an unfaithful husband
- Raising a son without an involved father
- Being a single mom with the help of her tribe of five amazing gay men
- Dating as a single mom
- Her standup album, One Funny Momma
Never miss an offer or update.
Just pop in your name and email and be the first to find out what WealthySingleMommy is up to!
No B.S. I will never sell your contact info.