This is First World Fridays #FWF (check out the first FWF here) where I share the frivolous stuff that I allow to occupy my mind, and I turn it into an expression of gratitude. Please do it the same – in the comments, Facebook, Twitter, privately within yourself. Tag it #FWF (yes, I’m asking you to tag your silent prayers) and let’s start a revolution!
My #FWF: Where to start?
- About half of my weekday mornings are a shitshow to get everyone out the door to catch the school bus two blocks away. No matter how early we all wake up, no matter how organized I am, two things remain true: a) at 2 minutes before must leave the house no one has their shoes on and , b) a 4 year-old has no grasp of the concept of hurry, much less the concept of hurry the eff up!
- I wasn’t so good about my commitment to 30 days of 100 squats.
- I have no real plan for what to do with my kids this summer and it’s stressing me out.
- I mean, really. There is a big yellow vehicle that whisks away my kid each and every morning and returns her safely every afternoon. It is free and — despite my scheduled hysteria — convenient.
- 20 days out of 30 isn’t so bad and my thighs have not looked this good in years!
- I’ll figure out the kid-summer thing. And if not, no one will die.
- I have a work life that allows me the luxury of being lackadaisical about child care.
Now your turn: What have you been fretting over this week? Was it really important? How can you turn those negative thoughts into acts or thoughts of gratitude. Please share in comments!
About #FWF: Each week I will post here about the annoyingly frivolous thing I worried about the previous week. I also vow to devote that energy into an expression of gratitude. Two things are true: Sharing openly that which we are ashamed of (in this case devoting time and energy to silly stuff) frees you from that shame, and gives others the permission to do so. Also: The only way to be happy is to be grateful. So post here, on social media, or privately within your family, circle of friends, or even within yourself your own #FirstWorldFriday. Remember – In one breath purge your silly worries, in a second express gratitude.
Never miss an offer or update.
Just pop in your name and email and be the first to find out what WealthySingleMommy is up to!
No B.S. I will never sell your contact info.