Dr. Susan O’Malley is pretty awesome. With her thick New York accent, this lifelong underachiever, secretary with no more than a high school diploma, set out at age 30 to become a physician.
She did it.
In this interview, I interview this amazing, charming woman who did not let her age, marital or family status or the zillions of naysayers hold her back from her mid-life dream of medicine.
Dr. Susan O’Malley shares about:
- How she got over her low-self image to preserver through rejection from every medical school in the country, and eventual acceptance and matriculation at 35
- Romantic disappointments
- Powering through one of the most rigorous academic paths as a single mom of a newborn to become an emergency room physician.
- Her eventual move to cosmetic medicine and entrepreneurship with the opening of Sonas Med Spa in Connecticut
- The power of physical beauty
- Dating as a single mother
- What she does with her money
- Her daily schedule while in medical school while raising her tiny son
Listen to her gush about the 15-year romance with her husband (hear what she said when I asked how the sex was after all those years, and now in her 60s).
Dr. Susan O’Malley is the author of Tough Cookies Don’t Crumble: Turn Set-Backs into Success, on Amazon.
Never miss an offer or update.
Just pop in your name and email and be the first to find out what WealthySingleMommy is up to!
No B.S. I will never sell your contact info.